Standard Online Coaching
Standard online coaching is our personalised service that gives you the tools you need to achieve your goals with barbell strength training. With one-on-one online coaching, you can strength train with barbells safely and efficiently with regular form feedback and custom-designed programs – from anywhere in the world.
Standard online coaching includes:
- Feedback on every lift, every workout within 24 hours
- Individualised programming
- Access to a Starting Strength Coach to guide you step by step through your strength training journey
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What happens after I sign up?
After registration and payment, you’ll receive an email at your registered email address, with a detailed questionnaire along with notes to get you started. If you do not receive an email after five minutes, please check your spam/junk folder. If you do not receive a notification email, please contact us.
Upon receipt of your filled in forms, you’ll be connected to your coach and your online coaching account will be set up. Thereafter, you’ll do first workout, which will establish a baseline of strength and give your coach a clearer idea of your level of ability. After this workout, your coach will begin writing your programming and giving feedback on your lifts for your subsequent training sessions.
What is included?
- Custom designed programming to get you to your personal goals
- In-depth feedback every workout on every lift. Within the feedback, you’ll learn about the form errors made along with cues to fix those errors on your subsequent workout
- Access to a Starting Strength Coach to answer all your training questions
I’ve never touched a barbell in my life. I'm older and have injuries (back/knee/hip/shoulder/elbows problems etc), can I train and is it safe?
In our years of experience, we’ve never had an online client who couldn’t train with barbells due to the limitation they had at that time. Depending on your condition, the way you perform the lifts and/or program will be modified to accommodate your specific situation.
See more videos at our YouTube channel here and here.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
What is the minimum age requirement?
If you’re a minor, we require your parent/guardian to give legal consent. While there isn’t a hard limit on the minimum, we’ll only accept you after you’ve entered Tanner Stage 4 on the puberty scale.
I’ve been sedentary all my life. I'm worried that I am not strong enough to do the barbell lifts.
Even if you’ve been sedentary all your life, we’ll find your baseline of strength and gradually work up from there. The weights that you will start with will be established on your first session. If needed, a lighter barbell, broomstick or even just bodyweight can be used to start with – you’ll start with a weight that you can safely and correctly perform the lift. You’ll progress from there on subsequent training sessions. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
What equipment is required?
Please ensure that you have access to this equipment:
- Squat rack with safety bars is preferred. If not, squat stands will suffice.
- 20kg Olympic Barbell. A lighter barbell might be required, depending on your level of ability.
- Sufficient Olympic weight plates.
- Flat bench.
- Barbell Collars.
- If your current deadlift is below 60kgs, having bumper plates will come in handy to get the barbell at correct deadlift height.
- If you train at a commercial gym, make sure that they allow you to video your lifts.
- Weightlifting shoes are highly recommended.
- Leather weightlifting belt. This may not be necessary when you start online coaching with us, depending on your training experience. If you are just starting out, you can hold off purchasing one till later on in your training advancement.
- If you’re not sure which shoe or belt to purchase, feel free to let us know and we’ll work it out with you.
- Chalk (If you train at a commercial gym, make sure they allow the usage of chalk. If they don’t ask if they’re ok with liquid chalk).
Do I need to use a professional camera to record my training?
While you can, there’s absolutely no need to do so. Most of our clients use the camera that’s with them all the time – their mobile phones! We highly recommend a mobile phone tripod – it’ll make recording your lifts much easier and fuss-free.
How should I video my lifts?
Your entire body and the whole barbell needs to be visible at all times throughout the entire range of motion of the lift. Videos should be shot in landscape mode. While you can prop your phone up using your water bottle, a mobile phone tripod is a handy tool to have.
– At a 45-degree angle from the rear
– Hip height
Deadlift, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Power Clean:
– At a 45-degree angle from the front
– Shoulder height
After recording your last working set, trim your video so that it only shows your lift and not of you prepping for the lift (putting on your belt etc).
How do I cancel?
Cancellations or changes in subscription tier must be requested by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to your next billing date.
BOOK A SESSION